Portraits - graphite
by e Drawings38
Reblog one week later to update. Plus, maybe someone is bored and wants to write one of these ladies a Wikipedia page, add some references, or link some categories.
Some significant progress has been made since this post about Cool Chicks from History Missing from…
Here’s a great project for any writer or history buff.
Laurie Halse Anderson (The Impossible Knife of Memory) picks her top 13 YA books for talking to teens about tough stuff.
- Mexican White Boy - Matt de la Peña
- Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
- Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian - Sherman Alexie
- Please Ignore Vera Dietz - A. S. King
- Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Beneath a Meth Moon - Jacqueline Woodson
- American-Born Chinese - Gene Luen Yang
- The Rules of Survival - Nancy Werlin
- The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
- Bronxwood - Coe Booth
- Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
- Between Shades of Gray - Ruta Sepetys
- The Piper’s Son - Melina Marchetta
Anita O’Day live at Newport 1958 performing ”Sweet Georgia Brown” and “Tea for Two”
I’ve never seen O’Day perform before; what a treat!
Kurt Vonnegut was an Anita O’Day fan, according to his son, Mark.
From Buzzfeed’s list, “28 Beautiful Quotes About Libraries”
Photo: New York Public Library
Note to self: Use this with strangers and relatives.
We love librarians
"Plates" a poem by Jade Sylvan (by jadesylvan)
She’s coming to the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library 1/3/14. Can’t wait!